Re: [widgets] Seeking review of Widgets Dig Sig Test Suite

From: <kuehne@trustable.de>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 10:43:54 +0200 (MEST)
To: marcosc@opera.com
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org, Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com, stuartk@opera.com, hendry@iki.fi
Hi Marcos,

especially for widget signing we started the adventure of adding EC support to our signing server and got a little bit suprised by the poor support by the crypto libs.

Nevertheless I guess we can track down one of our EC-problems to the ecdsa.cert.pem certificate. Despite using an EC keypair the certificate structure claims to be using sha1WithRSAEncryption .

I build a certificate with ( mostly ) the same settings as your original ( but with serial #995 ) and the same keypair. Maybe this will ease the pain of setting up an EC test environment.

Greetings

Andreas