RE: Comment on Widget Interface...

> Are you talking about a script using navigator.language?

Not really, unless you expect navigator.language to be how widget containers expose the runtime locale.

Widget P&C describes how a widget is packaged (which can include localization) and how it is configured (what the widget container should do when it "unpackages" and runs the widget). The container determines what the locale is going to be for the widget (which, as you pointed out in your earlier reply, is implementation specific). This, in turn, affects what language the 'name' or other fields returned by the Widget Interface are in. I'm suggesting that you need to provide programmatic access to this value, which may be distinct from navigator.language. Text direction for those fields might also need to be exposed.

Addison

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect (Lab126)
Chair (W3C I18N, IETF IRI WGs)