ISSUE-134 (optional useCapture): Consider making useCapture parameter of add/removeEventListener optional [DOM3 Events]

From: Web Applications Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 05:00:26 +0000
To: public-webapps@w3.org

ISSUE-134 (optional useCapture): Consider making useCapture parameter of add/removeEventListener optional [DOM3 Events]

http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/issues/134

Raised by: Doug Schepers
On product: DOM3 Events

Sergey Ilinsky <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2010JulSep/0195.html>:
[[
There are modern browsers that made 3rd argument in the
addEventListener/removeEventListener be optional. Is this a legal step?
If I understand correctly, specification requires 3rd argument to be passed,
thus the new behaviour not backed by the change
in specification only destabilizes web as a platform.

Personally, I like the behaviour, but cannot use it as long as not every
browser does that.
]]