Re: [XHR2] ArrayBuffer integration

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 09:41:32 -0400
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Michael Nordman <michaeln@google.com>, Jian Li <jianli@chromium.org>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com>, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com>, Vladimir Vukicevic <vladimir@mozilla.com>, Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com>
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 14:37:30 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>>> I'm not sure. But you could just lazily construct the data based on what
>>> the author requests. If there are no use cases it is unlikely they will
>>> use both.
>>
>> You can't lazily construct the original byte stream from the
>> responseText, fwiw.
>
> I guess that fails for invalid characters, indeed. Though presumably
> they might be somewhere still if it is being cached?

I did consider mentioning that the original byte stream can be stored on
disk, yeah.  At least if memory is tight.  But then again, I'm not sure
what the persistent storage situation actually looks like nowadays on
devices with small memories.

-Boris