[cors] Case-sensitive matching of origin URLs?

From: Vladimir Dzhuvinov <vladimir@dzhuvinov.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 09:40:42 +0300
To: public-webapps@w3.org
Hi,

I'm writing a generic Java servlet filter to implement the current
CORS draft. I'm confused about the correct way to check if a reported
Origin is allowed by the resource's allow list.

The Origin spec, which the CORS draft refers to, implies that 2
origins are equal if they match, regardless of their case (upper or
lower):

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-abarth-origin-07

The CORS draft on the other hand requires case-sensitive matching of origins:

http://www.w3.org/TR/access-control/#resource-requests

Please, advise.

Vladimir
--
Vladimir Dzhuvinov :: software.dzhuvinov.com