W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webapps@w3.org > July to September 2010

[widgets] Draft minutes from 23 September 2010 voice conf

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:06:21 -0400
Message-ID: <4C9B5EDD.9050505@nokia.com>
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>

The draft minutes from the September 23 Widgets voice conference are 
available at the following and copied below:

  http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-minutes.html

WG Members - if you have any comments, corrections, etc., please send 
them to the public-webapps mail list before October 7 (the next Widgets 
voice conference); otherwise these minutes will be considered Approved.

-Art Barstow

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                        Widgets Voice Conference

23 Sep 2010

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JulSep/0986.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Art_Barstow, Steven_Pemberton, Marcos_Caceres

    Regrets
    Chair
           Art

    Scribe
           Art

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Review and tweak agenda
          2. [6]Announcements
          3. [7]Packaging and Configuration spec
          4. [8]Digital Signature spec
          5. [9]Widget Interface spec
          6. [10]URI Scheme spec
          7. [11]view-mode Media Feature spec:
          8. [12]Updates spec
          9. [13]AOB
      * [14]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

<scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB

<scribe> Scribe: Art

Review and tweak agenda

    AB: I posted a draft agenda yesterday (
    [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JulSep/09
    86.html ). Any change requests?
    ... if Robin doesn't join us we will probably drop the URI scheme
    agenda item

      [15] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JulSep/0986.html

Announcements

    AB: the only announcement I have is a reminder September 28 is the
    deadline for comments re the Widget Interface LCWD.
    ... any other announcements?

Packaging and Configuration spec

    AB: the P&C Implementation Report suggests we still need lots of
    data ( [16]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/imp-report/ ). Does
    anyone have anything new to report?
    ... Opera's impl is quite good
    ... but the next best impl is only about 50%
    ... do we think we can get data from BONDI/WAC?

      [16] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/imp-report/

    MC: I'm not sure

    AB: I can follow-up with WAC's AC rep

<scribe> ACTION: barstow contact WAC's AC rep about them supplying
    implementation data for the widget specs [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-580 - Contact WAC's AC rep about them
    supplying implementation data for the widget specs [on Arthur
    Barstow - due 2010-09-30].

    AB: the test suite is complete, right Marcos?

    MC: yes, I believe so
    ... but I haven't received any feedback from the I18N WG

    AB: did you give the I18N WG a deadline?

    MC: I'll check and follow-up with them

    AB: so 5 impls are roughly 50% and Opera's impl is 99%

<scribe> ACTION: barstow contact Aplix's WebApps reps about
    providing data for widget spec implementation [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-581 - Contact Aplix's WebApps reps about
    providing data for widget spec implementation [on Arthur Barstow -
    due 2010-09-30].

    MC: Aplix's data has some bugs
    ... they need to re-run their tests
    ... need to talk to Paddy Byers

<Marcos> i18n email:
    [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JulSep/07
    49.html

      [19] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JulSep/0749.html

    AB: can Wookie, in theory, implement 100% of the P&C test cases?

    MC: yes and I think Scott plans to run them

    AB: any news from GPAC guys?

    MC: no, not recently

<scribe> ACTION: barstow contact GPAC implementation people re
    implemenation data for widget specs [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-582 - Contact GPAC implementation people
    re implemenation data for widget specs [on Arthur Barstow - due
    2010-09-30].

    AB: have you heard anything from RIM?

    MC: no; would be good to follow-up

<scribe> ACTION: barstow contact RIM's AC rep to see if they intend
    to join WebApps and/or provide implemenation data re widget specs
    [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-583 - Contact RIM's AC rep to see if they
    intend to join WebApps and/or provide implemenation data re widget
    specs [on Arthur Barstow - due 2010-09-30].

    AB: Marcos, will Opera be able to increase from 99% to 100%?

    MC: yes; it's probably just a bug that needs to be fixed and the
    test case re-run

    AB: anything else on P&C for today?

    MC: I think we need to republish this spec again?
    ... we have made several changes
    ... need to publish a new LC I think

    AB: yes, I agree we have made many changes

<scribe> ACTION: barstow start a CfC to publish a new LCWD of the
    Packaing and Configuration spec [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-minutes.html#action05]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-584 - Start a CfC to publish a new LCWD of
    the Packaing and Configuration spec [on Arthur Barstow - due
    2010-09-30].

    MC: what about timeframes?

    AB: the CfC period is 1 week
    ... and the LC comment period can be 3 weeks
    ... if I start a CfC today, it will end on Sept 30 and if agreed, we
    can publish a new LC on Oct 5 that would end on Oct 26

    SP: the week after that would be TPAC
    ... and we could add it the agenda for TPAC meeting

    AB: we previously said we won't have a widgets meeting durig TPAC

Digital Signature spec

    AB: the DigSig Implementation Report suggests we have no
    implementation at all (
    [23]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/imp-report/ )

      [23] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/imp-report/

    MC: that's right we don't have any impl data yet
    ... we may need to regen the test cases because of an issue with one
    of the certs

    AB: until the test suite is updated and complete, I won't track
    people down re implemenation data
    ... anything else?

    MC: we will fix the test suite as soon as possible
    ... we need to get more review

    AB: I'll chase people after the test suite is updated

Widget Interface spec

    AB: earlier today I created a comment tracking document for the
    September 7 LCWD (
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42538/WD-widgets-a
    pis-20100907/ )
    ... to date, I think the only comment we received is from Addison (
    [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JulSep/07
    28.html ). My recollection we discussed providing support for the
    locale and that is something that is platform-dependent and as such,
    is not directly controllable by a strict TWI user agent.

      [24] 
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42538/WD-widgets-apis-20100907/
      [25] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JulSep/0728.html

    MC: we have looked into this comment
    ... must know the context and that can be different in the JS
    context

    AB: would it make sense to add a non-normative comment about this?

    MC: maybe
    ... I can ask him how this is handeled in other places e.g. HTML5

    AB: is this something new version of ECMAScript is addressing?

    MC: not sure
    ... I will follow-up with Addison

    AB: re Implementation Report, it would be good to get 2 impls at
    100% so we can progress to PR. Now we have Opera @ 105% and Wookie @
    95%
    ... the issue for Wookie is test case ta-za
    ... Is there a bug in this test case?

    MC: yes
    ... I will fix ta-za
    ... and I will remove the openURL test case
    ... expect an update later today
    ... and we will add some additional test cases too

    AB: so, we need everyone to re-run the test suite?

    MC: yes; we need everyone to re-run the test cases

<scribe> ACTION: marcos after TWI test suite updated, send an
    annoucement to public-webapps [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-minutes.html#action06]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-585 - After TWI test suite updated, send
    an annoucement to public-webapps [on Marcos Caceres - due
    2010-09-30].

    AB: now there are 16 test cases in the TWI test suite
    ... how many will there be after the upload?

    MC: about 50 test cases
    ... just checked, yes it is 50 test cases for TWI test suite

URI Scheme spec

    AB: without Robin here, we will skip this item for today

view-mode Media Feature spec:

    AB: what is the status of the view-mode Media Feature test suite (
    [27]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vmmf/test-suite/ )? It is
    complete, right?

      [27] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vmmf/test-suite/

    MC: yes, it is complete

    AB: I still have an action to ask CSS WG to review the test cases (
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/actions/576 ). Should we
    ask them to review all 16 test cases?

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/actions/576

    MC: yes, they should review all 16 test cases
    ... want to know if they think non-widget UA test cases are needed

    AB: any other instructions for the CSS WG?

    MC: I need to clean up the Intro section

<Marcos>
    [29]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vmmf/test-suite/#product-ua

      [29] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vmmf/test-suite/#product-ua

    MC: they go the above and click on "Show all tests"

    AB: what is our deadline for comments?
    ... by TPAC?

    MC: we don't have any Ref Impls that I know of
    ... so, by TPAC would be fine
    ... we may want to add another mode in the future
    ... so there is a question about how to extend the spec?
    ... we could just create a new spec that defines the new mode

    AB: yes, that would work

Updates spec

    AB: what is the status and plan for next publication (
    [30]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-updates/ )?

      [30] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-updates/

    MC: I think we are close to being ready to publish a new WD
    ... I just talked to Richard and we would like to publish a new WD
    as soon as possible

    AB: since this has been a reocurring agenda item, I'm OK with going
    forward with the publication
    ... any objections to publish a new WD of Updates spec on September
    28?
    ... I support the publication

    MC: me too

<Steven> +1

    RESOLUTION: widgets group agrees to publish a new WD of the Updates
    spec on Sept 28

    AB: who is the main person for pubreq issues?

    MC: both Richard and I

AOB

    AB: next call will be in 2 weeks (October 7) if there are sufficient
    agenda items; otherwise later

    MC: has Nokia made any widget-related plans?

    AB: yes, I added Nokia impl to our Impl wiki:
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/WidgetImplementation#Widget_
    Packaging_and_Configuration_.28P.26C.29

      [31] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/WidgetImplementation#Widget_Packaging_and_Configuration_.28P.26C.29

    MC: can they provide data for our Implemenation Reports

    AB: yes, I don't see why not but the announced widget platform (Qt
    Web Runtime) is an "alpha" release
    ... thus I don't know how stable or complete the impl is
    ... given our call frequency is down, we will use CfC's via e-mail
    if/when necessary
    ... anything else?
    ... Meeting Adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: barstow contact Aplix's WebApps reps about providing
    data for widget spec implementation [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: barstow contact GPAC implementation people re
    implemenation data for widget specs [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: barstow contact RIM's AC rep to see if they intend to
    join WebApps and/or provide implemenation data re widget specs
    [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: barstow contact WAC's AC rep about them supplying
    implementation data for the widget specs [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: barstow start a CfC to publish a new LCWD of the
    Packaing and Configuration spec [recorded in
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: marcos after TWI test suite updated, send an
    annoucement to public-webapps [recorded in
    [37]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-minutes.html#action06]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 23 September 2010 14:07:55 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 18:49:40 GMT