Re: A URL API

> 2) I've added two flavors of appendParameter.  The first flavor takes
> a DOMString for a value and appends a single parameter.  The second
> flavor takes an array of DOMStrings and appends one parameter for each
> array.  This seemed better than using a variable number of arguments.

-1

I really want the setParameter method - appendParameter now requires
the developer to know what someone might have done in the past with
the URL object. this can be a cause of trouble as the web application
might do something that the developer doesn't expect , so I
specifically want the developer to opt-in to using appendParameters.

I know clearParameter is a method - but this is not the clear
separation between the '2 APIs' that we talked about earlier in the
thread.

I remember reading about how some web application frameworks combine
?q=a&q=b to q=ab at the server side, whereas some will only consider
q=a and some will only consider q=b. This is such a mess - the
developer should have to specifically opt-in to this.

cheers
devdatta