Re: [XHR] Redirects

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 11:32:41 +0200
To: "Darin Fisher" <darin@chromium.org>, "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, "WebApps WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 09:50:41 +0200, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:
> If using followRedirect() is easy, but manually following it is hard,
> people might choose the wrong approach just because it's easier.

Well, what is wrong and what is right is still an open issue in the HTTP
WG.

> I think that obtaining the resolved Location for the redirect is the
> most tricky part, and we should come up with a solution where that is
> also available for people who do not want the default browser behavior.

I don't really like special casing the Location header here. It seems we
are ending up with two additional members for dealing with redirects. I do
not want another one. There are other headers where resolving a URL might
be needed. Adding a parameter to navigator.resolveURL() for a base URL is
the way to go I think.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/