Re: [XHR2] FormData for <form>

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 20:04:43 +0200
To: "Webapps WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>, "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>
On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 19:46:12 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> Instead the following syntax was proposed:
>
> new FormData(myformelement);
>
> however I don't see this syntax in the new XHR L2 drafts. Is this
> merely an oversight or was the omission intentional?

Neither. I said (on the WHATWG) list: "I could add this to XMLHttpRequest
Level 2." Then nobody ever followed up (until now).

So in terms of HTML5 the above would invoke "Constructing the form data
set" (defined in HTML5) for the HTMLFormElement passed as parameter and
let that data set be the data hold by FormData. Is that what you plan to
implement?

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/