XHR2 proposal: support for informational responses

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 17:07:29 +0200
To: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hi,

it might be cool (and not too complicated) to (optionally) expose 1xx
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2616.html#status.1xx>).

This could be done through an opt-in, such as specifying a callback
function to be called asynchronously when the messages come in
(returning status line and headers).

I know, I know: few use cases. But that's of course because HTTP stacks
currently do not provide support for it.

See <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-decroy-http-progress-04> for an
older proposal, which, as far as I recall, got experimental support in
Chromium.

Best regards, Julian