Re: Blob/File naming

From: Chris Prince <chris.prince@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 11:45:32 -0700
To: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Cc: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, "arun@mozilla.com" <arun@mozilla.com>, Jian Li <jianli@chromium.org>, Eric Uhrhane <ericu@google.com>, Dmitry Titov <dimich@chromium.org>, Michael Nordman <michaeln@google.com>, David Levin <levin@google.com>, Darin Fisher <darin@chromium.org>, Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
>> 1. Most people that I talk to dislike the name Blob, much less having
>> it spread to things like BlobReader.

I could maybe understand this if "blob" were a new term we were
inventing.  But it's not.  It's a well-known computer science concept.
 It seems worse to try and coin a totally new name for "opaque chunk
of data".

FWIW, "most people" hating the name blob seems like a stretch, as it
has not been my experience.  But maybe we run in different circles.