Comment on Widget Interface...

From: Phillips, Addison <addison@lab126.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 15:06:03 -0700
To: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
CC: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
Hello Webapps WG,

(This is a personal comment and is not necessarily indicative of the I18N WG's opinion)

In Section 5 (The Widget Interface), the interface provides for retrieving values such as 'name', 'shortName', etc. In Widgets P&C, these can be localized in the configuration document (I assume that the configuration document in this document means the same document as P&C??). There is no mention of whether or how this value is localized or if the locale/language is subject to programmatic control (I assume not, since it is not mentioned).

Could there be an explicit mention of the language/locale and how it interacts with user-agent? Can/should there be an accessor for language? How about a way of querying the value by locale?

Regards,

Addison

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect (Lab126)