[WebSQL/IndexedDB] Privacy issues in the wild

From: Nathan Kitchen <w3c@nathankitchen.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 19:51:33 +0100
To: public-webapps@w3.org
Hi all.

Stumbled across this article on Ars Technica regarding the abuse of the
WebSQL spec. I thought I'd share it here for a couple of reasons:

   1. Someone might want to point out that it's part of the Offline Storage
   Spec, not strictly HTML5.
   2. Security implications may inform some aspects of the spec.

Article: *Advertisers get hands stuck inside HTML5 database cookie jar* (
http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2010/09/rldguid-tracking-cookies-in-safari-database-form.ars
)

Thanks.

Nathan