Re: Web DOM Core

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 15:12:41 +0200
To: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Cc: "WebApps WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 15:02:34 +0200, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> A new version of DOM Core as an alternative to DOM Level 3 Core mostly
>> for web browsers has been talked about a lot and even drafted to some
>> extent. I would like to run it to completion.
>
> Looks good and should be easier to catch bugs between various APIs
> having the DOM Core updated - however the word "alternative" in there
> worries me somewhat, is the end goal to effectively replace DOM Level 3
> Core with DOM Core, or to try and split in to two versions of DOM Core
> (one HTML focussed adn one XML focussed), or other?

My idea is to leave DOM Level 3 Core for existing Java implementations and
have Web DOM Core (encompassing both HTML and XML) for ECMAScript clients
and Java (and other) implementations that wish to match the browser APIs.
See the "Goals" section in the draft.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/