Re: XBL2

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 10:49:26 -0700
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, public-webapps@w3.org, hyatt@apple.com
On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 19:24:03 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>>
>> For what it's worth, it's a requirement for us to be able to use
>> namespaces of some sorts since we're planning on implementing XUL
>> using XBL2. There are however multiple ways we can do this and I'll
>> need to look into which approach XUL developers prefer.
>
> Why do you need namespaces for XUL? Isn't it all in the same namespace?

There's often at least two namespaces involved, XUL and (X)HTML. Often
times the HTML elements involved are form controls, but there might be
other instances too. Here are a couple of examples:

http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/toolkit/content/widgets/textbox.xml#14
http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/toolkit/content/widgets/textbox.xml#434

/ Jonas