Re: [IndexedDB] Full text indexing

From: Jeremy Orlow <jorlow@chromium.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 12:41:00 +0100
To: w3c@nathankitchen.com
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
We haven't looked at it much since there were many bigger issues to be
resolved first.  But now that those issues are largely resolved, maybe now
is a good time to start talking about this seriously.

I think most people were down on the idea of adding complete "full text
search" because it'd be a _lot_ of API surface area.  But, everyone I've
talked to seems to think that native "inverted index" support + JS for the
rest should be a reasonable compromise for v1.

Hopefully by end of year, we'll be ready to start experimenting with such
support in Chrome/WebKit.  If someone wanted to push this forward on the
spec side or in another implementation in the mean time, that'd be great
though.