Re: [widgets] Widgets Updates

From: Rich Tibbett <richt@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:34:05 +0200
To: Bernard Traversat <bernard.traversat@oracle.com>
CC: public-webapps@w3.org
  On 14/08/2010 03:12, Bernard Traversat wrote:
> Should we have a more explicit way to specify and notify users that
> some updates may require data conversion and
> user data will be converted after the widget is updated? Due to the
> error-prone nature of such conversion, users
> may want to back up their data before proceeding with an update.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

User data is not stored in a widget package itself. An update to an
existing widget should be able to access the storage space used by
previous versions of the same widget.

If data conversion is required perhaps you have a use case we could look at.

Regards,

Rich