[IndexedDB] Explicitly stablishing the timing of clone creation

From: Pablo Castro <Pablo.Castro@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:43:34 +0000
To: public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
The spec for the asynchronous "put" and "add" methods in object store as well as "update" in cursors don't explicitly state when clones are created, and can even be read as if clones should be created after the function call returned, when the queued up task is executed. This leads to problems where the clone may be modified after the call to put/add/update happens. Wouldn't it be more reasonable to require implementations to always create a clone of the object before returning (i.e. synchronously) and perform the rest of the operation asynchronously?

If we agree on this I'll file a bug and later follow up with some text for the spec.

Thanks
-pablo