Re: [XHR] Status Update

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 17:22:48 -0700
To: "SULLIVAN, BRYAN L (ATTCINW)" <BS3131@att.com>
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 5:13 PM, SULLIVAN, BRYAN L (ATTCINW)
<BS3131@att.com> wrote:
> Well at least it works in Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Chrome.
>
> With that broad support, I imagine that removing this defacto feature in
> XHR L2 would cause a lot of heartburn for developers who probably rely
> upon it today.

This is not correct. I can't speak for the other browsers, but Firefox
does not support loading HTML documents using XMLHttpRequest. We never
hook up any other type of parser than an XML parser. And if the
Content-Type of the response is "text/html" we don't hook up any
parser at all.

/ Jonas