From: public-webapps-request@w3.org [mailto:public-webapps-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Marcos Caceres
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2010 8:56 AM
To: Web Applications Working Group WG
Subject: Re: ACTION-568: Create an alternative mechanism for openURL and send it to the mail list (Web Applications Working Group)

On 8/5/10 3:30 PM, Web Applications Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:

> ACTION-568: Create an alternative mechanism for openURL and send it to the mail list (Web Applications Working Group)
>
> http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/actions/568

> On: Marcos Caceres
> Due: 2010-08-12
>
> If you do not want to be notified on new action items for this group, please update your settings at:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/users/39125#settings

The proposal is simply to use HTML <a> element.

So, instead of:
   widget.openURL("sms:+123456789101112");

It would just be:

Then you can use the .click() element to open links programmatically (on
trusted URI types) or only respond to explicit user interaction (the
user clicks on the link to do something).

Kind regards,
Marcos

--
Marcos Caceres