[IndexedDB] question about description argument of IDBFactory::open()

From: Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 21:13:13 +0100
To: Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hi,

While implementing IDBFactory::open(), we thought that the
"description" argument is optional but we were surprised to find out
it's actually mandatory. Is there any reason not to make this argument
optional? And, assuming it is optional, should the default value be
the empty string? Also, how should the null and undefined values be
treated? My suggestion would be to treat them as if the argument
wasn't specified, so the description of the database would not change.

Thanks,
Andrei