Re: Wanted: Editor for Web IDL spec

Hello Web Apps WG and TC39,

Arthur Barstow:
> A few of WebApps' specs, as well as specs from at least one other
> WG, have a normative dependency on the Web IDL spec [WebIDL]. Lack
> of progress on Web IDL (last published in Sept 2009 and only minor
> editing since then) will eventually block the dependent specs from
> advancing.  Additionally, Cameron reported recently that October is
> the earliest he will be available to actively work on Web IDL.

It was pointed out to me that there is still some concern about the
progress of Web IDL (understandably), so I just wanted to confirm that
from October I will be allocating some time to working on the document.
My plan of attack will be to:

  * finish the terminology porting to ES5 that Sam started
  * publish a WD
  * go through the mailing list archives for the time I’ve been away and
    gather up issues
  * resolve those issues and the ones that are currently identified in
    the document
  * publish a LCWD

Thanks,

Cameron