ISSUE-118 (dispatchEvent links): Consider allowing dispatchEvent for generic event duplication for links [DOM3 Events]

From: Web Applications Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:11:26 +0000
To: public-webapps@w3.org

ISSUE-118 (dispatchEvent links): Consider allowing dispatchEvent for generic event duplication for links [DOM3 Events]

http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/issues/118

Raised by: Doug Schepers
On product: DOM3 Events

Simon Pieters wrote in <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2010AprJun/0041.html> :
[[
Is it defined what should happen in the following case?

It seems Firefox and Opera throw an exception, while WebKit allows the event to be dispatched.

I think it seems like a neat thing to be able to do, for making table rows or <canvas> clickable. (However the event shouldn't be a 'trusted' event in that case, of course.) To make it work today you'd have to create a new event and copy over all properties, which is annoying.
]]