Re: "HTML Media Capture" prepared for publication

At least one of the browser authors who were saying they were
implementing buffered device input and upload from cameras and
microphones with input type=file had indicated they might use the
accept= parameter, but I can certainly see the benefit of being able
to specify the choice of a file from either the filesystem or a
device, and a MIME type parameter is as good a place as any to do
that.

Please forgive the cross posting and top posting, but I also need to
ask:  Has anyone considered how to restrict onchanged=form.submit() in
such forms?  I think that is inappropriate for most
multipart/form-encoded POSTs, but I don't want to suggest anything
that would break existing applications.

Furthermore I hope the security considerations sections will soon
include a summary of the language we've discussed about prompting for
device access with the option for remembered choices for permission
grants, along with a way to override and respond to such prompts with
device buttons like a shutter key and/or a record key. I understand
that the user always has an option to reject buffered and
filesystem-based device input by not submitting the form, but it would
be spectacular for the web application to have a way to know when the
user decided it wouldn't grant access to the device (i.e., if there is
background noise or any of dozens of other reasons.) Finally, I
strongly prefer granted permission review and revocability and I hope
that makes it in to the security considerations section, too.

Sincerely,
James Salsman