Re: [IndexedDB] Re: onsuccess callback in race condition?

On 7/15/10 1:13 PM, "ext Jeremy Orlow" <jorlow@chromium.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 6:04 PM,  <victor.hong@nokia.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jeremy,
>>
>> Thank you for responding. If I understand you correctly, the example 1 could
>> produce a race condition,
>
> I don't see how.  onsuccess is always set immediately after the request object
> is created by the asynchronous call.
>
>> and example 2 will not.
>
> This example is completely outdated and will not work period.  Please take a
> look at the latest editors draft.  (A lot of the async changes were just
> committed.)

I was quoting from this draft (July 15 2010)
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/IndexedDB/raw-file/tip/Overview.html

Is it outdated already?
And where do I go for the latest?

>> However, example 2 will assume that request object is a member of IndexDB,
>> which seems not in the interface for the time being:
>> interface IDBFactory {
>> Should request be part of every indexedDB object?
>>
>> Regarding to allowing someone to set an onsuccess/onerror handler after the
>> event has fired, I think that it¹s very convenient.
>
> Are you saying _not_ allowing it is convenient?  I'm going to assume so
> because there's really no use case for why one would want to set them after
> they would have fired.

I am saying that allowing setting handler after event has been fired is
convenient. But I agree that the use case might be rare if there is no race
condition here.