Re: [cors] Unrestricted access

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 12:47:29 +0200
To: public-webapps@w3.org, Jaka Jančar <jaka@kubje.org>
On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 12:35:02 +0200, Jaka Jančar <jaka@kubje.org> wrote:
> What I'd like is a global (per-host) way to disable these limitations
> all at once, giving XHR unrestricted access to the host, just like
> native apps have it.

It used to be a mostly "global" per-resource switch, but the security
folks at Mozilla thought that was too dangerous and we decided to go with
the granular approach they proposed. This happened during a meeting in the
summer of 2008 at Microsoft. I do not believe anything has changed
meanwhile so this will probably not happen.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/