Re: How to get a FileWriter/BlobWriter/BlobSaver

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 12:00:43 +0200
Cc: Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Eric Uhrhane <ericu@google.com>
On Jul 2, 2010, at 00:31 , Eric Uhrhane wrote:
> The biggest unknown in the current BlobWriter spec [1] is how you
> obtain one in the first place.
> There are two current proposals, which I've summarized below.  I've
> heard only a few voices on this topic, and would love to get more
> opinions.  New proposals would be welcome as well.

I don't have a strong preference as to the exact shape and colour of the way in which a download can be triggered for a Blob, but I do believe that it ought to happen in a way that is as consistent as possible with the existing triggering of downloads in present browsers. That means that user interaction should *not* be a prerequisite since that isn't required today, and is very commonly used as such.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/