Regarding the list of questions, I (speaking as an individual) have the
following comments:

* The following questions are generally out of scope for WebApps: #1,
#4, #5, #6, #8, #9, #11.

* The Digital Signature for Widgets spec can be viewed as applicable for
#2 and #3.

* Several of our specs (e.g. CORS, UMP, Widget Interface) include
Security Considerations that are relevant for #7 (but specific
"channels" are not in scope).

* The proposed Web Notifications will define an alerting mechanism that
may be relevant to #10 (e.g. the spec defines generic alerting mechanisms).

For a list of WG's specifications in progress, please see the
publication status tables at:

   http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/PubStatus

-Regards, Art Barstow