Re: widget example of CORS and UMP

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 01:22:30 -0700
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Dirk Pranke <dpranke@chromium.org>
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>

On May 14, 2010, at 1:17 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Fri, 14 May 2010 03:40:12 +0200, Dirk Pranke <dpranke@chromium.org> wrote:
>> Exactly, so the off-domain IFRAME is the only option here.
>
> <iframe srcdoc=... sandbox=allow-scripts> is an alternative solution, if you want everything in the same document.

That's right, the new iframe features in HTML5 will make it easier and more robust to do the off-domain iframe pattern. But I'm not sure srcdoc= is terribly useful in this case, because it's unlikely you will want the markup for all of the user's gadgets to be served inline in the main gadget host document. That doesn't seem like a good fit for the idea that the user would dynamically add/remove/reposition their gadgets.

Regards,
Maciej