Re: widget example of CORS and UMP

From: Dirk Pranke <dpranke@chromium.org>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 19:01:20 -0700
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Dirk Pranke <dpranke@chromium.org> wrote:
> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 6:13 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:
>> I think a more likely use case for CORS does not involve embedded gadgets at all. Consider the example of a social network asking for access to your GMail contacts.
>
> Fair enough. Sounds like a different email thread; I'll see what I can do :)

Okay, having thought about this for a few minutes, I think that this
is essentially identical to the calendar example you worked through in
your DBAD slide deck (and which is also listed as an example use case
in the CORS spec) (it's just a GET instead of a PUT). So, rehashing
that thread here doesn't make a lot of sense, but incorporating it
into the "security considerations" section does. Do you agree?

-- Dirk