Re: JS crypto?

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 17:24:06 +0100
To: Vivek Khurana <hiddenharmony@gmail.com>
Vivek Khurana wrote:
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:24 PM, Marcin Hanclik
> <Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com> wrote:
>> Hi Nathan,
>>
>> This seems to be the current related standardization effort:
>> http://bondidev.omtp.org/1.5/crypto.html
>> =
>> http://bondi01.obe.access-company.com/1_5_5602_145/crypto.html
>
>  I think the OP request is much larger than this. Bondi is restricted
> to widgets and mobile browsers, while having crypto support built into
> the browser has several advantages for web applications in general.
>  If we plan to take this up, I can provide couple of use cases to support this.
>
> regards
> Vivek

snap, there were a few good use-cases in the original mail, but I could
produce many more.

what's needed (or what I can see people making use of ever increasingly)
is two levels:

1: UA support for crypto functions, specifically
openssl_open/seal/hash/verify and generating key pairs

2: the same exposed to javascript

:)

ps: I don't know what use I could be other than adopting immediately and
testing very heavily.

Best,

Nathan