Re: [IndexedDB] Interaction between transactions and objects that allow multiple operations

On May 5, 2010, at 1:56 PM, Shawn Wilsher wrote:

> On 5/5/2010 1:09 PM, Jeremy Orlow wrote:
>> I'd also worry that if creating the transaction were completely transparent
>> to the user that they might not think to close it either.  (I'm mainly
>> thinking about copy-and-paste coders here.)
> I should have been more clear.  That statement goes along with the suggestion to make everything work off of a transaction - object stores, indexes, cursors, etc.  They'd have to know about the transaction because they'd have to use it.

I feel that auto transaction creation is syntactic sugar and should be left to libraries. On the other hand, I'd be worried if we were developing for complex multi-tab applications and not explicitly managing transactions.

Nikunj