Re: [IndexedDB] Granting storage quotas

From: Dumitru Daniliuc <dumi@chromium.org>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 18:08:28 -0700
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>, public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Shawn Wilsher <sdwilsh@mozilla.com>
ian, it seems to me that nobody objects to adding a isPersistent optional
parameter to openDatabase{Sync}() in the WebSQLDatabases spec (default =
false). can you please add it to the spec? if isPersistent = true and the UA
doesn't support persistent storage, then i believe openDatabase{Sync}()
should throw a SECURITY_ERR just like it does when the DB cannot be opened.

thanks,
dumi