Re: XMLHttpRequest.responseBlob

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> > It doesn't, hence why I think we should be consistent and call them
> > all "URL". My point is that while I can understand that we can't
> > change Document.URL, if we decide that consistency with something else
> > is more important for one API, e.g. "File.url", then we really have no
> > excuse for being inconsistent with new APIs as well.
>
> Again, I think this is a very weird definition of "consistent". I think
> it's more consistent to follow the hundreds of other properties which
> use camelCase, than the one that is upper case. Despite the fact that
> the one uppercase one has the same name.

So you're arguing that it should be .uRL? That's what camelCase would give
us here. It's closer to .URL than .url, though.

> So I think we should go with what's most memorable and most
> consistent, which I argue is using lower case.

I agree except for I would concluded that that is uppercase in this case.
Acronyms in the platform are more often uppercase than lowercase (e.g.
.innerHTML, .outerHTML, .responseXML, .URL, etc).