StorageEvent.url (WAS: XMLHttpRequest.responseBlob)

From: Jeremy Orlow <jorlow@chromium.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:23:03 +0100
To: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Darin Fisher <darin@chromium.org>, Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Brady Eidson <beidson@apple.com>
On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 6:11 AM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:

> You mean StorageEvent?
>
> javascript:alert('url' in StorageEvent.prototype)
>
> Opera: false
> Firefox: true
> Chrome: false

I tried actually causing a storage event and then enumerated its properties
with each browser and got somewhat different results.  Chrome/Safari are as
you say.  We call it "uri", but the last time it was changed was 2 years
ago, so I suspect this is just an artifact of an old version of the spec or
something.

Opera 10.50 does return false for your bit of javascript, but when I
enumerate the properties on event after causing a storage event, "url" is
there.  Weird.

My code did not work in Firefox 3.6.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/DOM/Storage makes no mention of
StorageEvent.  Do they actually support events?

And IE also calls it a "url".  (But they put onstorage on the document
instead of the window.  And they have an onstoragecommit event as well.  Did
this stuff ever come up on list??)

So, in conclusion, I suppose WebKit should change uri to url to match the
rest of the world?