Re: [IndexedDB] Granting storage quotas

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:42:41 +1200
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: Michael Nordman <michaeln@google.com>, Dumitru Daniliuc <dumi@chromium.org>, Shawn Wilsher <sdwilsh@mozilla.com>, Nikunj Mehta <nikunj@o-micron.com>, Mike Clement <mikec@google.com>, public-webapps@w3.org
We probably want to have different policies for different kinds of devices.
For mobile, pruning unused storage is definitely important, but for modern
desktops with >1TB drives most users probably won't ever need to "free up
disk space" unless they're hit with some kind of denial-of-service attack,
in which case policy should focus on preventing the latter. And this is
going to get more true over time.

Rob
53:5-6]