Re: UMP / CORS: Implementor Interest

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 23:37:54 +0900, Mark S. Miller <erights@google.com>
wrote:
> I dislike "AnonXMLHttpRequest" because the request is not necessarily
> anonymous. For example, the requestor may very well place identifying
> info
> in the body '{"from": "john@example.com", ...}'.
>
> I like constructor name already shown at <
> http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/UMP/#ump-api-name>: "UniformRequest".

Since you still work with the XMLHttpRequest object I think it should be
in the name of the constructor as well. "Uniform" doesn't tell you much
about what it is doing. "Anon" is much clearer in that sense. The user
agent will keep the request anonymous. That the author can put identifying
information on top of that is up to the author.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/