Re: CORS Last Call status/plans? [Was: Re: [UMP] Request for Last Call]

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:30:26 -0700
Cc: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Ben Laurie <benl@google.com>, Arthur Barstow <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>, ext Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Tyler Close <tyler.close@gmail.com>

On Apr 19, 2010, at 10:06 AM, Tyler Close wrote:

>      Uniform-Headers = "Uniform-Headers" ":" ( "*" | #field-name )

[...]

> Are Apple and/or Firefox interested in implementing the above? Does
> mnot or other HTTP WG members consider the above a satisfactory
> solution to ISSUE-90?

I'm interested in implementing a feature along these lines if it goes
into CORS. If it's UMP-only, then no, and I would object that it
violates the subset relation.

I am also not sure the * value is a good idea. It is tempting in its
convenience but seems likely to cause unintended consequences.

Regards,
Maciej