Re: XMLHttpRequest Comments from W3C Forms WG

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 19:34:23 -0800
Cc: "Klotz, Leigh" <Leigh.Klotz@xerox.com>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Forms WG <public-forms@w3.org>
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>

On Dec 17, 2009, at 2:37 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> On 12/17/09 2:22 PM, Klotz, Leigh wrote:
>> Thank you for the clarification.  Surely then this ought to be
>> fixed with an IETF or W3C document describing this fact
>
> After some pushback, there is in fact such a document being worked
> on. It's not quite far enough to reference normatively last I
> checked....
>
>> Is it defined in http://www.w3.org/html/wg/href/draft ?
>
> Yep.

It's expected that at some point soon, all of the necessary rules for
processing URLish strings in a Web-compatible way will be defined in
the next version of the IRI RFC. Current draft: <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-duerst-iri-bis-07
 >. However, not all the necessary definitions are in there yet. We
should change our reference to IRIbis when it is ready.

Regards,
Maciej