Re: [widgets] test-suite: start file encoding

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Scott Wilson
<scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Test cases e5, e6, z1 and z2 test the ability of a UA to use a
> widget-specified charset (ISO 8859-1); however the P&C specification states
> that a UA only has to implement UTF-8, and support for additional encodings
> is optional.

Correct.

> Do these test cases then really only require that a UA processes the package
> and obtains the value "ISO 8869-1" or "Windows-1252" for the encoding
> attribute, even if the start file is actually encoded in UTF-8 when it is
> served by the UA?

Yes, the purpose is only to obtain the value from the encoding string.
The widget user agent may choose to disregard the acquired values if
it does not support it. I might need to clarify that in the spec a
bit.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au