W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webapps@w3.org > October to December 2009

[widgets] Draft Minutes for 17 December 2009 Voice Conference

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:48:29 -0500
Message-Id: <73EF2B15-B36E-410E-A42E-036612891FD5@nokia.com>
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
The draft minutes from the MMM DD Widgets voice conference are  
available at the following and copied below:

  http://www.w3.org/2009/12/17-wam-minutes.html

WG Members - if you have any comments, corrections, etc., please send  
them to the public-webapps mail list before 7 January 2010 (the next  
Widgets voice conference); otherwise these minutes will be considered  
Approved.

-Regards, Art Barstow

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                        Widgets Voice Conference

17 Dec 2009

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009OctDec/1343.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/12/17-wam-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Art, Arve, Josh, Marcos, Frederick, AndyB, Robin, Benoit

    Regrets
           Marcin

    Chair
           Art

    Scribe
           Art

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Review and tweak agenda
          2. [6]Announcements
          3. [7]Widget DigSig spec: test suite status
          4. [8]Widget DigSig spec: implementation status
          5. [9]URI spec: status of LC comments
          6. [10]URI spec: scheme registration
          7. [11]View Modes Media Features spec
          8. [12]Updates spec
          9. [13]AOB
      * [14]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <scribe> Scribe: Art

    <scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB

    Date: 17 December 2009

Review and tweak agenda

    AB: yesterday I submitted the draft agenda for today (
    [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/13
    43.html ). The meeting will end at the end of this hour at the
    latest. Any change requests?

      [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009OctDec/1343.html

    [ no ]

Announcements

    AB: the only announcement I have is the next call is 7 January 2010.
    Any other short annoucements?
    ... any others?

    [ no ]

Widget DigSig spec: test suite status

    AB: the Test Suite wiki (
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/WidgetTesting#Widgets_1.0:_D
    igital_Signature_spec ) contains some info about DigSig. What is the
    status of the DigSig test suite?

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/ 
WidgetTesting#Widgets_1.0:_Digital_Signature_spec

    MC: I have not been working on it
    ... Kai and Dom started
    ... but they haven't done anything in the last two months

    AB: does any anticipate participating in this test suite?

    MC: yes; expect Opera to contribute tests next year
    ... but there is a lot of work to do
    ... must go thru ever assertion in the spec
    ... and create a test case
    ... Not sure how much has been done by Kai and Dom
    ... perhaps they have discussed it in the MWTS WG
    ... The spec isn't written the same way P&C is so it's a bit more
    work to generate test assertions

    <scribe> ACTION: barstow to follow-up with MWTS WG re the Widget
    DigSig test suite re their plans, status, etc. [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2009/12/17-wam-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-471 - Follow-up with MWTS WG re the Widget
    DigSig test suite re their plans, status, etc. [on Arthur Barstow -
    due 2009-12-24].

    AB: I'll plan to provide an update re MWTS on Jan 7

    MC: I'll also follow-up with Kai

    AB: anyone else on DigSig test suite for today?

Widget DigSig spec: implementation status

    AB: the Implementation wiki (
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/WidgetImplementation )
    contains some info about DigSig. Is there any other Public info
    about DigSig implementations we can add?
    ... is there anything else to add here?

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/WidgetImplementation

    [ silence ]

    <fjh> what do we need to do with andreas?

    AB: anything else on this topic for today?

    FH: I think Andreas is asking for some help
    ... he is looking for a CA
    ... perhaps there is some process that needs to start
    ... I'm not quite sure how W3C would work with him

    AB: is there anything from previoius XML DigSig interop that can be
    used?

    FH: just use openssl
    ... perhaps he can move his stuff into the WG's space

    MC: have you looked at Andreas' work?

    FH: perhaps he's just offering the service
    ... and we need to wait for another impl

    <scribe> ACTION: barstow respond to the 21-Oct-2009 email from
    Andreas re Widget Dig Sig [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2009/12/17-wam-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-472 - Respond to the 21-Oct-2009 email
    from Andreas re Widget Dig Sig [on Arthur Barstow - due 2009-12-24].

    AB: anything else on DigSig for today?

    [ no ]

URI spec: status of LC comments

    AB: comment tracking document is (
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42538/WD-widgets-u
    ri-20091007/doc/ ). What is the status of Larry Masinter's replies
    to your responses Robin?

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42538/WD- 
widgets-uri-20091007/doc/

    RB: LM has accepted 1 clearly
    ... not replied to some
    ... a few appear to be disagreements and I replied to those

    AB: I suspect we may not get closure here until January; is that
    your take too?

    RB: yes. We need more discussion.

    AB: anything you need from the WG?

    RB: nothing specific
    ... everyone should feel free to respond

    AB: anyone have any comments about the exchanges so far?

    [ no ]

URI spec: scheme registration

    AB: Robin, what's the status of registering the widget: URI scheme?

    RB: I believe we should wait until we are in CR before making the
    registration request
    ... must have a stable spec
    ... We will have some process to follow
    ... specific mail list for discussion in IETF, etc.
    ... I had hoped there was a "fast track" for scheme registration but
    there isn't

    AB: your proposal to wait until CR before making the registration
    request makes sense to me
    ... so that will be our Plan of Record
    ... anything else on this topic?

    [ no ]

View Modes Media Features spec

    AB: one or two calls ago, Marcos mentioned a document by VF re the
    VM-MF spec ( [21]http://lab.vodafone.com/w3c/vmmf-20091201.html ).
    What is the status of this spec vis-a-vis the WG?

      [21] http://lab.vodafone.com/w3c/vmmf-20091201.html

    RB: this was developed as a suggestion
    ... I think we should consider it as a WG input
    ... we should accept what make sense
    ... it comes from people that are using the technology
    ... so it is based on real use case
    ... think it's a good input
    ... so I am in favor of integrating it

    AB: is the idea the interfaces would be added to the VM-MF spec?

    RB: no, I think those interfaces should be considered for VM-I
    ... those interfaces are pretty simple
    ... think we could add them to VM-I

    AB: clear message for the group is that this input is for both the
    VM-MF and VM-I specs
    ... not sure how we want to handle this process-wise
    ... if people don't comment otherwise, the Editors should feel free
    to take the good stuff
    ... is this about right?

    RB: yes

    MC: yes; it's an input for discussion
    ... we need to evaluate the input
    ... it is indeed based on real use cases
    ... yes, we should target them at the right specs

    AB: an action for everyone to review that input by Jan 7

    <scribe> ACTION: barstow follow-up on the VF VM-MF thread and ask
    people to submit comments on the proposal [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2009/12/17-wam-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-473 - Follow-up on the VF VM-MF thread and
    ask people to submit comments on the proposal [on Arthur Barstow -
    due 2009-12-24].

    AB: anything else on view modes for today?

    [ no ]

Updates spec

    AB: last week Marcos said he was planning to have the Updates spec
    ready for a new WD publication and it would include all of the PAG's
    recommendation. Marcos, what's the status?

    MC: I've done a lot of work on it but it isn't ready yet
    ... still trying to work about some of the model
    ... Robin and I have had some offlist discussions
    ... One issue is where updates are done i.e. local disk or just from
    the Web
    ... perhaps each should model should have its own spec
    ... currently, the spec just covers updates over HTTP and a local
    storage medium
    ... thinking about changing the scope to only cover the HTTP case

    AB: any comments about that?
    ... I will need to get some internal feedback
    ... but wrt the publication issue, I have no problem with delaying
    publication until we think we are ready

    MC: we've only done a FPWD so it's still not very well fleshed out
    ... would prefer to have something more concrete before making a new
    pub

    AB: that's OK with me
    ... so we can expect a proposal from you in early January?

    MC: yes

    AB: anything else on this spec for today?

    [ no ]

AOB

    <darobin> yes

    AB: any topics for AOB?
    ... I don't have

    BS: as I mentioned to some of you already, I am changing jobs at
    Orange
    ... consequently, I will not attend widget calls anymore
    ... I am not sure yet who will be a permanent replacement
    ... but we have identified a temporary replacement

    RB: we will miss you!

    <timeless_mbp> yeah, we'll miss you

    AB: thanks very much for your participation Benoit!
    ... best of luck in your new job!

    BS: Best of Luck to you to get the specs DONE!

    Arve: yes, good luck Benoit

    AB: happy holidays and happy new year
    ... Thanks very much for a very production 2009!

    BS: yes, it was a very productive year

    RB: we'll finish everything next year!

    <timeless_mbp> "Finnished"

    <Marcos> :)

    AB: meeting adjourned!

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: barstow follow-up on the VF VM-MF thread and ask
    people to submit comments on the proposal [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2009/12/17-wam-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: barstow respond to the 21-Oct-2009 email from Andreas
    re Widget Dig Sig [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2009/12/17-wam-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: barstow to follow-up with MWTS WG re the Widget DigSig
    test suite re their plans, status, etc. [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2009/12/17-wam-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 17 December 2009 14:50:49 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 18:49:35 GMT