Re: [DataCache] Some Corrections

From: Joseph Pecoraro <joepeck02@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:34:27 -0500
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
To: "Nikunj R. Mehta" <nikunj.mehta@oracle.com>
Great work on the updates! I have a few new corrections that I hadn't yet submitted and still seem relevant in the new draft.

- 4.3.1 Local Server API
Make MutableHttpResponse extend HttpResponse? It has methods, but no attributes to act on.

I'm not fluent in WebIDL just yet, but I've seen this behavior in the spec already (with DataCacheSync).

  interface MutableHttpResponse {

Should become:

  interface MutableHttpResponse : HttpResponse {

- 4.3.1 Local Server API
The last sentence says "and add server to the cache host." It would be nice to clarify which cache host is "the" cache host.

I assume that since the registerOfflineHandler exists on the "navigator" that the link between a navigator and a cache host is 1-to-1. I am inexperienced with Workers, but I overheard there might be a WorkerNavigator interface soon. Can this be clarified?

Joseph Pecoraro