Re: [DataCache] Some Corrections

From: Joseph Pecoraro <joepeck02@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:09:14 -0500
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
To: Nikunj R. Mehta <nikunj.mehta@oracle.com>
>> - 4.2.2.1. Starting a transaction - Rules should be switched.
>> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/DataCache/#starting-a-transaction
>>
>> first arm: (these should be swapped)
>>   3.3 - Mark transaction as off-line.
>>   3.4 - Create a new cache transaction called transaction and set data cache to be its data cache.
>>
>> second arm: (these should be swapped)
>>   3.4 - Mark transaction as not off-line.
>>   3.5 - Create a new cache transaction called transaction and set data cache to be its data cache.
>
> I don't agree. The transaction is off-line, if the off-line flag passed to these steps is set.

I think it is unclear without the visual feedback that the spec provides:

1. Mark _transaction_ as not off-line.
2. Create a new cache transaction called _transaction_ and set data cache to be its data cache.

You can't set a property on something that isn't yet created. The individual rules 1 and 2 should be swapped. The arms (as I think you interpreted this) are themselves correct.

- Joe