Re: [xhr] events for async requests (was: Re: [whatwg] Thread to run Web Socket feedback from the protocol ?)

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:46:03 -0800
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Alexey Proskuryakov <ap@webkit.org>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On another note, while reading the spec I noticed that no task is queued
> to updated responseText. Does that mean that if I check it continually in
> a tight loop within a task, I can see it change?

I think the spec should say that when data arrives from the network, a
task should be queued. When this task runs, it should perform the
following steps synchronously:

1. Update .responseText
2. If readystate is not yet 3, set it to 3 and fire readystatechange
3. Fire a 'progress', unless 'loadstart' or 'progress' has been fired
within the past 50ms

/ Jonas