[widgets] Widget Updates PAG recommendations

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 17:13:57 +0100
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
FYI... Robin implemented the PAG Recommendations [1] for Widget Updates
in the latest Ed [2]. See below. Work continues and we hope to be ready
to publish next week.

> Taking into account the wide variety of information made available to the PAG, the following recommendations are given:
>
>    1. The WebApps Working Group should continue to work on the Widgets 1.0: Updates Specification

Yay! :)

>    2. The WebApps Working Group should change the widgetupdate function name to updateinfo

Function was removed. We don't need it.

>    3. The WebApps Working Group should change the update element name to updatedescription

Done.

>    4. In section 11, the WebApps Working Group should change the sentence that says "It is conceivable that the automatic update model could be subject to a man-in-the-middle-attack..." to say "Because it is not self-contained, it is conceivable that the automatic update model could be subject to a man-in-the-middle attack..."

Done.

>     5. The WebApps Working Group should change all occurrences of
"widget.update()" to "checkForUpdate()"

Functions were removed. We don't need them.

>    6. The WebApps Working Group should change all occurrences of "Updating via widget.update()" to "Update-checking via checkForUpdate"

Function was removed. We don't need it.

>    7. The WebApps Working Group should change all occurrences of "[Uu]pdating strategy" to "[Uu]pdate-checking strategy"

Occurrences all gone.

Kind regards,
Marcos
[1] http://www.w3.org/2009/03/widgets-pag/pagreport.html