Re: CORS versus Uniform Messaging?

CORS and Uniform Messaging People,

We are now just a few weeks away from the February 2006 start of what
has now become the CORS spec. In those four years, the model has been
significantly improved, Microsoft deployed XDR, we now have the
Uniform Messaging counter-proposal. Meanwhile, the industry doesn't
have an agreed standard to address the important use cases.

Although we are following the Darwinian model of competing specs with
Web SQL Database and Indexed Database API, I believe I'm not alone in
thinking competing specs in the CORS and UM space is not desirable
and perhaps even harmful.

Ideally, the group would agree on a single model and this could be
achieved by converging CORS + UM, abandoning one model in deference
to the other, etc.

Can we all rally behind a single model?

-Art Barstow