[widgets] P&C simplifying some rules (editorial)

From: Cyril Concolato <cyril.concolato@enst.fr>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 13:50:44 +0100
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hi all,

I noticed that "9.1.3. Rule for Finding a File Within a Widget Package" indicates that the "algorithm returns either a file, null, or an error.". This is not exactly true since if it does return an error or null, it always returns a "processable file".

I suggest changing the introduction as follows "The algorithm returns either a processable file, null, or an error." and then doing the following three edits:

- Change point 7 in the license element in "9.1.15. Algorithm to Process a Configuration Document" to indicate:
"If file is null or there is an error in 6 then ignore this element"

- Change the similar point for the icon element.

- Simplify "Step 9 - Process the Default Icons" by collapsing A.A, A.B and A.C into
"if potential icon is null or in error or already exists, ignore it"

Also, I was wondering for quite some time why the spec has a strange structure for Rules vs. Steps. Couldn't you put all the Rules into one section 9.1 and all the Steps in 9.2?

Regards,
Cyril

--
Cyril Concolato