Re: Length of LC comment period

On Tuesday, December 8, 2009, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

>> > Yeah but they typically have minimal impact on the deployed Web,
>> > unlike the storage mutex problem.
>>
>> So hang on... Why are going to LC if this is such a massive issue?
>
> Well from the point of view of the spec, the issue is resolved. It "just"
> has unfortunate performance implications for multi-process UAs.

I see..

>> Is this issue clearly marked in the spec with a link to at least an
>> email thread where the problem is described?
>
> Not currently; I can add some text if you think that would be useful.

yes please. It would save us having to waste time searching mailing
lists, bug reports, etc. for an authorative source to the issue. Just
a sentence or two, nothing facy... Enough to get started.

> had assumed everyone was pretty much fully aware of the issue.

Nope; though when I read that part of the spec and was left feeling
totally confused I should have said something. Also, It's hard to
track all the work (and related issues) that take place outside the
WG. Adding red block to specs is a big help; I know you already do
that in most specs.

> --

Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au