Re: Length of LC comment period [Was: Ready for LC on the various drafts I edit]

On Dec 7, 2009, at 3:29 AM, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> Yes, I totally got that and completely agree. However, we have a
> number of people that have implemented this that could be pressed for
> feedback. Also, creating a test suite for Web Storage would allow us
> to find at least some spec bugs quickly which someone else could fix
> in the spec while you are busy with HTML5 and the other specs you are
> working on. Might help cut a month or two from your work schedule.

Creating a test suite for Web Storage now is a good idea. If Opera can
contribute resources to help with that, it would definitely help
advance the spec. It would help us identify problems sooner, and it
would likely allow for a shorter CR period if we had a test suite
ready to go.

I think as far as editing goes, it's more solving the mutex design
problem that is a blocker, as opposed to literal textual editing of
the spec. I think anyone can contribute to that effort. So far,
though, none of the ideas has gotten buy-in from all of the affected
implementors. It would help a lot if someone could organize all the
ideas, note pros and cons, and try to find other solutions.

Regards,
Maciej