Re: Length of LC comment period [Was: Ready for LC on the various drafts I edit]

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> Sorry Ian, you are assuming you are the only one that can edit that
> spec. If you want help with editing the spec or with the test suite,
> just ask. I'm not saying I'll do it, but I can ask at Opera for one of
> the WHATWG superstars to take it over. WDYT? or is it just too entangled
> in HTML 5 to let someone else edit it?

If Opera has people who have time to edit, there are _far_ more important
things for us to have edited than Web Storage. DOM Core, for instance.

Anyway, my point was that even if I did have time to edit the spec, it
would be a bad idea to accelerate the process. Reviewing a spec takes
time, finding problems takes time, and if we rush it we'll just screw it
up. Web Storage in particular has _already_ resulted in one of the biggest
screwups of the last few years in the Web standards space (for which I
take full responsibility) because of rushing implementations.